W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > July 2012

RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports

From: Sunyang (Eric) <eric.sun@huawei.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 07:51:05 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
CC: HTML WG LIST <public-html@w3.org>
Message-ID: <9254B5E6361B1648AFC00BA447E6E8C32AEB79D2@szxeml545-mbx.china.huawei.com>
For issue 189, issue 200,
Chair said both calls are closed, so does it mean both issues have been change to “close”
Or the call for action has been closed, while both issues are still open?

Yang
Huawei

From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 1:10 AM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Cc: HTML WG LIST
Subject: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports

Draft minutes available at http://www.w3.org/2012/07/12-html-wg-minutes.html, a text version follows:






                               - DRAFT -



                       HTML Weekly Teleconference



12 Jul 2012



   [2]Agenda



      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JulSep/0004.html




   See also: [3]IRC log



      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/07/12-html-wg-irc




Attendees



   Present

          glenn, yang, Sam, Janina, eliot, [Microsoft], paulc,

          Radhika_Roy, ddorwin, Laura_Carlson, mjs, krisk, hober,

          adrianba, frankolivier, +1.818.370.aaaa, MIke,

          +1.415.832.aabb



   Regrets

   Chair

          mjs



   Scribe

          glenn



Contents



     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]ACTION items due by Thursday, July 12

         2. [6]New Issues This Week

         3. [7]Items closed Last Week

         4. [8]Issues Closing This Week

         5. [9]Items Closing Next Week

         6. [10]New Calls This Week

         7. [11]New Surveys This Week

         8. [12]Decisions This Week

         9. [13]Task Force Reports

        10. [14]Other Business

        11. [15]AOB?

        12. [16]Scribe for Next Meeting

        13. [17]Adjournment

     * [18]Summary of Action Items

     __________________________________________________________



   <trackbot> Date: 12 July 2012



   mjs: i already started trackbot



   <scribe> ScribeNick: glenn



ACTION items due by Thursday, July 12



   ACTION-217?



   <trackbot> ACTION-217 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to create a

   joint Path location add hit testing binding CP for ISSUE-201

   that binds canvas to fallback content (Rich, Ted, Frank) -- due

   2012-06-21 -- OPEN



   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/217




     [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/217




   mjs: one item ACTION-217

   ... Ted and Frank are working this, SF has commented proposing

   his own



   <paulc> Steve's proposal is at

   [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/hitregions




     [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/hitregions




   <paulc> This is a revision to Ted's proposal



   hober: some outstanding feedback from SF and Rich which might

   result in some changes

   ... but thinks it is stable



   paulc: SF submitted comments/changes to Ted's proposal

   ... operative question is that others need to review SF's

   counter proposal



   mjs: may need to go to survey, but two proposals are much

   closer now



   <paulc> Status of ISSUE-201:

   [21]http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-201




     [21] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-201




   close ACTION-217



   <trackbot> ACTION-217 Create a joint Path location add hit

   testing binding CP for ISSUE-201 that binds canvas to fallback

   content (Rich, Ted, Frank) closed



   paulc: should there be new action on Ted to review?



   mjs: thinks ML thread is sufficient



   janina: heard from rich will post soon



   <paulc> Active discussion at:

   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/006


   4.html



     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0064.html




   janina: nobody is disagreeing, sounds more like clarification

   discussion



   mjs: still should be able to reach consensus

   ... continue discussion on ML



New Issues This Week



   none



   mjs: one tracker request

   ... to be LC2 comment



Items closed Last Week



   ISSUE-189?



   <trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be

   coordinated with IETF -- open



   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189




     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189




   ISSUE-200?



   <trackbot> ISSUE-200 -- Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND)

   in non-FIELDSET elements -- open



   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200




     [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200




   mjs: both calls have closed



Issues Closing This Week



   none



Items Closing Next Week



   ISSUE-199?



   <trackbot> ISSUE-199 -- Define complete processing requirements

   for ARIA attributes -- open



   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199




     [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199




   mjs: CfC active, revisions to CPs, consensus proposal present



New Calls This Week



   ISSUE-199?



   <trackbot> ISSUE-199 -- Define complete processing requirements

   for ARIA attributes -- open



   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199




     [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199




New Surveys This Week



   ISSUE-200?



   <trackbot> ISSUE-200 -- Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND)

   in non-FIELDSET elements -- open



   <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200




     [27] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200




   ISSUE-189?



   <trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be

   coordinated with IETF -- open



   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189




     [28] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189




   mjs: Julian raised issue that IETF desires further discussion,

   will check with Philippe

   ... may put survey on hold, but should still provide input



   paulc: plh says go ahead with survey

   ... will respond on ML on this thread



Decisions This Week



   none



Task Force Reports



   [$1\47] Testing Task Force



   kris: good morning, didn't meet last week will meet next week



   <krisk>

   [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing#Upcoming_meetings




     [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing#Upcoming_meetings




   kris: schedule has been extended and posted on wiki

   ... had discussed spec change about pattern repeat, opened bug

   sent to list



   <krisk>

   [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/006


   5.html



     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0065.html




   kris: will have to see what consensus develops

   ... q/c?



   yang: what day is testing call?



   <krisk> Please see [31]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing




     [31] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing




   kris: see above link



   yang: ok



   <paulc>

   [32]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing#Conference_Calls




     [32] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing#Conference_Calls




   [$1\47] Accessibility Task Force



   janina: not a lot to report

   ... people have continued working on their tasks

   ... lack of quorum in last call

   ... progress, but slower than usual

   ... chairs are aware of status changes on ISSUE-194, etc

   ... and on ISSUE-201, nothing to add on what's been said

   ... strongly opposed to moving ISSUE-203 forward before

   resolving ISSUE-30



   [that is the TF is opposed]



   mjs: yang is on queue



   yang: noticed on ML that may decide on 3 options on ISSUE-194



   <paulc>

   [33]http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-194




     [33] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-194




   yang: will we discuss on this call?



   janina: can do if folks like



   paulc: chairs are preparing a survey on three options



   yang: a new survey?



   paulc: [explains process]



   yang: another question

   ... for ??? detection ???



   [scribe: did not follow question]



   paulc: question is about hit testing and whether it is related

   to accessibility



   <paulc>

   [34]http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-201




     [34] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-201




   paulc: see ISSUE-201

   ... [explains process about task forces]

   ... answer is yes, it is an accessibility related issue

   ... as are many other issues on status page posted above



Other Business



   ISSUE-189?



   <trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be

   coordinated with IETF -- open



   <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189




     [35] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189




   mjs: CP was revised as requested by chairs, now have gone to

   survey

   ... some questions about IETF coordination, but will proceed



   ISSUE-201?



   <trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing

   capability to fallback content -- open



   <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201




     [36] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201




   mjs: two proposals now with slightly different variants

   ... from hober and SF

   ... q/c?



   ISSUE-204?



   <trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule

   that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open



   <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204




     [37] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204




   mjs: seems to have material differences in CPs



   hober: JF and I went back and forth on this

   ... have gotten closer, hope to find compromise wording

   ... a little more work to get agreement with JF



   janina: would be happiest if we can reach consensus on language

   ... not sure how to move in that direction, would be good if

   hober can move this

   ... great concern is there are large # of disabled users not

   using screen readers

   ... problems with tab approach

   ... probably not meeting all use cases



   <laura> "Every good-faith effort has been made here, and if at

   this time you and Jonas are still unprepared to endorse the V4

   CP, then I will ask the Accessibility Task Force for their

   endorsement of the V4 CP and ask that the Chairs proceed with a

   WBS survey on Issue 204." - John Foliot, June 29.



   <laura>

   [38]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/017


   6.html



     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0176.html




   mjs: yang on queue



   yang: why does ARIA need to see hidden element?

   ... worried about breaking service logic



   <yang> why let ARIA see the hidden, it will ruin the JS dynamic

   service logic



   hober: thinks what yang is asking is whether elements that are

   hidden, with visibility toggled from script

   ... shouldn't pose a problem for ARIA attributes

   ... should be OK



   yang: if disabled users use ARIA, then they can see hidden

   elements?

   ... does ARIA differentiate between hidden and not hidden?



   <yang> can user see the difference by aria for hidden and

   not-hidden?



   mjs: suggests taking this discussion offline

   ... or discuss on ML



   <paulc> Yang could also attend the A11Y TF meeting



   yang: ok



   Using ARIA in HTML



   [39]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/016


   5.html



     [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0165.html




   <yang> any A11Y TF conference call information?



   mjs: any q/c about this document (Using ARIA in HTML)?



   glenn: what is intended purpose of this doc? for info only?



   paulc: intent is to fill in gaps, more readable

   ... less jargon



   <paulc> From 0165.html: "My intention is to provide a non

   normative resource that fills in the gaps in the current HTML5

   specification and a document that is more readable (i.e. less

   jargonist)"



   glenn: thanks, yes



   paulc: points out that it does deviate from HTML5



   glenn: do we need further action by WG?



   paulc: at present, author is requesting feedback

   ... no specific actions for WG at this time

   ... there is a bugzilla component for this...



   <paulc> Bugzilla component and link:

   [40]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=HTML%2<https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=HTML%252>

   0WG&component=Using%20ARIA%20in%20HTML



     [40] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=HTML%20WG&component=Using%20ARIA%20in%20HTML




   glenn: asks janina if A11Y TF has any position on this document



   janina: not at this time, has not discussed

   ... there is a group in TF working on mapping

   ... so unclear

   ... TF needs to discuss



AOB?



   paulc: wants to report that group of members dealing with work

   on media proposal

   ... continue to meet on weekly basis

   ... significant advances on both EME and MSE proposals



   <paulc> EME minutes:

   [41]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012J


   ul/0034.html



     [41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Jul/0034.html




   paulc: substantial changes to both interfaces to be more O-O

   ... any one interested in that work should contact paulc

   ... also see public-html-media archive



Scribe for Next Meeting



   mjs: any volunteers



   <paulc> Paul will be chairing



   Ted volunteers. Paul C will chair.



Adjournment



   mjs: adjourned

   ... see you next week



   trackbot, end meeting



Summary of Action Items



   [End of minutes]


Received on Friday, 13 July 2012 07:54:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:39:33 UTC