Re: ISSUE-187: validity-stability - Chairs Solicit Proposals

On 28.2.2012 19:34, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Before we proceed to evaluate this Change Proposal, can we ask that you
> spell out the specifics of "Analogic edit has to be done in sections
> "4.2.5.4 Other pragma directives" and "4.12.4.14 Other link types"?

Sure, in 4.2.5.4 change

"Conformance checkers must use the information given on the WHATWG Wiki
PragmaExtensions page to establish if a value is allowed or not: values
defined in this specification or listed on the aforementioned page must
be accepted, whereas values not listed in either this specification or
on the aforementioned page must be rejected as invalid. Conformance
checkers may cache this information (e.g. for performance reasons or to
avoid the use of unreliable network connectivity)."

"Conformance checkers *may* use the information given on the WHATWG Wiki
PragmaExtensions page to establish if a value is allowed or not: values
defined in this specification or listed on the aforementioned page must
be accepted, whereas values not listed in either this specification or
on the aforementioned page must be *reported* as invalid. Conformance
checkers may cache this information (e.g. for performance reasons or to
avoid the use of unreliable network connectivity)."

in 4.12.4.14 change

"Conformance checkers must use the information given on the microformats
wiki existing-rel-values page to establish if a value is allowed or not:
values defined in this specification or marked as "proposed" or
"ratified" must be accepted when used on the elements for which they
apply as described in the "Effect on..." field, whereas values marked as
"discontinued" or not listed in either this specification or on the
aforementioned page must be rejected as invalid. Conformance checkers
may cache this information (e.g. for performance reasons or to avoid the
use of unreliable network connectivity)."

"Conformance checkers *may* use the information given on the
microformats wiki existing-rel-values page to establish if a value is
allowed or not: values defined in this specification or marked as
"proposed" or "ratified" must be accepted when used on the elements for
which they apply as described in the "Effect on..." field, whereas
values marked as "discontinued" or not listed in either this
specification or on the aforementioned page must be *reported* as
invalid. Conformance checkers may cache this information (e.g. for
performance reasons or to avoid the use of unreliable network
connectivity)."

Sorry for not being explict from the start -- as a non-native English
speaker I probably had wrong impression what "analogic edit" means.

Have a nice day,

    Jirka