RE: ISSUE-198: innerHTML-patent-policy - Chairs Solicit Proposals

Apologies for missing the date here (been quite busy), though my interest in this topic hasn't changed.

As I suggested when raising the issue, I'd like to see HTML5 reference a DOM Parsing and Serialization specification in the W3C. This would restore the application of the W3C patent policy to innerHTML and related APIs. I've posted a basic change proposal to this effect: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/Reference_a_W3C_version_of_DOM_Parsing_and_Serialization

- Tony Ross