Re: Change Proposal for Issue 194

From: 'Janina Sajka' <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:04:25 -0500
To: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
Cc: "'Charles Pritchard'" <chuck@jumis.com>, "'Silvia Pfeiffer'" <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, "'David Singer'" <singer@apple.com>, "'Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis'" <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>, "'John Foliot'" <john@foliot.ca>, public-html@w3.org, public-html-a11y@w3.org
David:

This is indeed about time based media. It arises out of a requirements
gathering process that is on its way to becoming a PF published W3C
Note, current most mature draft (and still available for comments)
available at:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/src/media-a11y-req.html

We want to make certain we've covered two specific use cases:

1.)	A transcript that contains time data can be played along with
the media (video or audio).

2.)	A transcription without time data can still be provided in a
manner programmatically associated with the media.

The Issue-194 CP is about #2.

hth

Janina

--