Re: Numeric constants vs enumerated strings

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:08:03 +0100
To: public-script-coord@w3.org, "Harald Alvestrand" <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>, public-webapps@w3.org, public-html@w3.org
On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:57:00 +0100, Harald Alvestrand
<harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> *This is a call for help from the WEBRTC working group.
> We are defining a new API
> (http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html) <about:blank>which
> has a number of cases where it needs to use arguments, or expose state
> variables, that can take only a limited set of values.

Unless there are strong ties to certain legacy APIs I would suggest using
strings. They are easier for developers to author, easier for developers
to maintain, easier in the future to extend, and have practically no
drawbacks.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/