ISSUE-131: caret-location-API - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:36:50 -0500
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
'Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API
sufficient?'

The current status for this issue:

So far, we have two Change Proposals submitted for ISSUE-131:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/FocusRingTextBaseline
http://www.w3.org/wiki/Reading_text_in_canvas

At this time the Chairs would also like to solicit additional Change
Proposals, in case anyone would like to advocate the status quo or a
different change than the specific ones in the existing Change Proposal.

If no counter-proposals or alternate proposals are received by March
14th, 2012, we will proceed to evaluate the change proposals that we
have received to date.

Note: text-editing-canvas has been split off as ISSUE-205.

- Sam Ruby