Re: i18n WG position on Issue-172 "restore <rb> as an optional element"

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 07:27:03 -0500
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
CC: public-html@w3.org, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
On 02/09/2012 05:15 PM, Richard Ishida wrote:

> The Internationalization Working Group will therefore not formally
> pursue the issue further at this time. In particular, the
> Internationalization Working Group will not submit or endorse any change
> proposal for issue-172 at this time, and asks that other interested
> parties consider not pursuing this issue further at this time, so that
> this issue can be closed without prejudice for now and re-opened later
> if necessary.

Just want to make it clear what the consequences are, given that we are
in Last Call and past February 11th, if this is closed without prejudice
at this time it will be closed without prejudice and DEFERRED.

While we have yet to define the criteria for reopening DEFERRED issues,
please assume that the bar will be significantly higher than it is now.

Please let us know before February 21st if this is not how you want this
issue to be resolved, otherwise we will close it without prejudice and
mark the issue as DEFERRED.

- Sam Ruby