Re: Split Issue 30?

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:02:40 +0000
To: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, public-html@w3.org
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:24 AM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:
> I think we've reached an agreement regarding your proposal: @hidden currently follows display: none, from CSSOM and your proposal seeks to have @hidden have its own properties.

Jonas's proposal brings the conformance requirements in HTML in line
with ARIA's requirements and implementation guides. Please review:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0010.html

I don't think we should ship HTML5 in direct contradiction of ARIA
without (a) trying to get WAI to engage on these issues or, failing
that, (b) explicitly marking wilful violations. So I certainly think
this @hidden issue needs to be resolved before Last Call, not deferred
to ARIA 1.1 and HTML6.

Authors and implementors have to grapple with these contradictions
irrespective of the W3C's gradual snapshotting of the Living Standard.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis