Re: Split Issue 30?

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:36:51 +1100
To: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
CC: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, public-html@w3.org
Jonas Sicking:
>> It appears we simply do not agree on how a number of issues (probably
>> including which issues we don't agree on:-) ) so I suspect this
>> thread won't go any further.

Charles Pritchard:
> I think we've reached an agreement regarding your proposal: @hidden
> currently follows display: none, from CSSOM and your proposal seeks to
> have @hidden have its own properties.
> I now understand that you are not trying to alter "display: none" from
> CSSOM.

CSSOM seems entirely irrelevant here.  CSSOM is the spec that defines
scripted access to CSS style sheets etc.  Maybe by "@hidden currently
follows display: none, from CSSOM" you mean "@hidden is currently
defined to hide elements by setting their display property to none
through a user agent style sheet".