Re: Issue 131 Change Proposal

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 15:40:55 -0600
To: Frank Olivier <Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, "public-html-a11y@w3.org" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi Frank,

Thanks for submitting another solution Frank.

I believe this would work provided we add some work under way related to
ARIA 1.1.  I am not sure everyone uses the subdom text cursor position.
Another issue is that Macs, currently don't support caret browsing. If you
would like me to discuss the work under way I would be happy to do that. In
short, I believe this would work but we would need to do the other things.

Note: to the chairs: This is not an alternative to the text baseline. That
is another aspect for Issue 131 which would apply to either proposal for
caret/selection tracking.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger