Re: The missing Sentence tag

From: Thomas A. Fine <fine@head.cfa.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 17:03:00 -0500
To: public-html@w3.org
On 12/5/12 3:23 PM, Nathan wrote:
> Agree, this feels more like the domain of a well defined algorithm,
> strapping text-nodes together, stripping certain tags, ending sentences
> on other tags.
>
> Assuming you mean plain text sentences, then it seems almost counter
> intuitive, we start with sentences then add descriptive markup to
> structure them to get HTML. If we want to publish plain text sentences
> then we have text/plain.

I'm not sure what you mean.  I'm not talking about plain text.  I'm
talking about two features: the ability to adjust formatting at the
sentence level (e.g. extra space between sentences), and the ability to
semantically mark what a sentence is for the aid of automated parsing
for a variety of applications.

      tom