Re: Updated ISSUE-206 CP

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Leif Halvard Silli
> Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis, Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:12:13 +0100:
>> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>>> Perhaps Ted and Laura would like to update their proposals with same
>>> thing? Namely ask generators to not only add the new attribute but also
>>> add the key content mark in the @title?
>>
>> Today's AT allows users to configure whether they do or do not want
>> images without provided alternate text announced. I don't think we
>> should be trying to override user configuration …
>
> 3 questions:
>
> 1. So do AT in general treat @title and @alt as one and the same thing
> when it comes to that configuration? (To test whether it has any
> impact, one may use this page, which is what I used when writing the
> CP: http://malform.no/testing/html5/img-role-vs-alt/ )
>
> 2. What if such an image contains @aria-label?

What difference does it make? The images in question aren't likely to
have @aria-label.

> 3. Does it really hurt if they are unable to no disable announcement of
> images that are key content?

Screen reader users sometimes complain about verbosity and they use
configuration to tailor the verbosity of output to suit, so yes.

AT vendors don't add these features just for the sake of it. ;)

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis