Re: CfC: Create Media Task Force

From: Clarke Stevens <C.Stevens@CableLabs.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:24:04 -0600
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>
CC: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>, "'Mark Watson'" <watsonm@netflix.com>, "'Paul Cotton'" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Do we need to have a solution everyone agrees will solve the problem
before we can get permission to ask the question in a structured forum?

It's my understanding that the task force would have the responsibility to
propose a solution that it believes adequately addresses the problem. The
fact that there is major disagreement on a proposed solution seems to me
to be a strong argument for establishing the task force.

-Clarke