Re: CfC: Create Media Task Force

On 4/12/12 4:24 PM, Clarke Stevens wrote:
> Do we need to have a solution everyone agrees will solve the problem
> before we can get permission to ask the question in a structured forum?

No, but we need to have a problem statement that everyone agrees on.

Or put another way, once a solution is proposed we need a way of
evaluating whether it solves "the problem", which means we need to be
somewhat clear on "the problem".

That's the substance of Robert's comments: the charter for the task
force should clearly state some criteria that a solution needs to
satisfy, so that we can evaluate whether solutions satisfy those
criteria, and one of those criteria needs to be ability to implement the
solution interoperably in web browsers; a common criterion for all web
specifications.  It might be that "the problem" is ill-defined enough so
far that at this stage that's the only criterion.  That might be ok, if
that's where we are, but it seems like that criterion is worth spelling
out, because so far the only proposed solution violates that criterion....

-Boris