Re: noted 3 issues re: time/data (was Re: minutes for HTML WG f2f, 2011-11-04, part 1)

From: Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com <mtanalin@yandex.ru>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 22:30:50 +0400
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: (wrong string) Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, public-html@w3.org

17.11.2011, 22:15, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>:
> 2011/11/17 Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com <mtanalin@yandex.ru>:

>>> In the former example, that @itempropvalue wins over @itemscope in
>>> determining the value of the <span>. There's no clear reason that one
>>> should win over the other, so it will end up confusing people.
>> How @itempropvalue could interfere with @itemscope if they are related to _different_ levels/itemscopes according to your example with 'review'/'location'/'geo'/'lat'/'long'?
>>
>> We have property (@itemprop) 'foo' with value 'bar' (@itempropvalue). Also we have nested itemscope with its own @itemprops/@itepropvalues exposed via _child_ elements (not shown in our examples) of itemscope element. Where is the confusion here?
>
> Hm, you don't seem to understand my response. A Microdata property
> can have *another Microdata item* as its value. For example, a
> "review" microdata vocab that uses a "geo" vocab for its location
> property. That's indicated by putting @itemprop and @itemscope on the
> same element.

It would probably be useful if you provide a concrete descriptive example showing how DATA element resolve this situation elegant and nonconfusing way. Thanks.

> The rest of your response relies somewhat on this
> misunderstanding, so I won't try to respond to it.

It's not truth for two (related to CSS-like syntax) of four of paragraphs in my previous respose:

[A] It's questionable how common in real world are usecases where different (space-separated) microdata properties share same value.

[B] To be clear just in case: @itemprop in my CSS-like-syntax proposal is not intended to store more than one name/value pair.