Re: follow up on the discussion in HTML5 about metadata access

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 09:01:13 +1000
To: tmichel@w3.org
Cc: public-html@w3.org, "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Michael,

The argument that other applications expose such an interface is not a
use case for including them in HTML5.

You will need to demonstrate a user situation where the user/web
developer can't do something unless the API is available in the
browser.

Right now, all use cases discussed on the HTML WG list were solvable
with server-side APIs.

Cheers,
Silvia.