RE: Change Proposal for ISSUE-147

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011, Frank Olivier wrote:

> That said, my preference based on the recent discussions would be for a
> change that keeps the (settable) playbackrate attribute (for
> compatibility with any existing pages) but introduces some other
> mechanism for determining the actual playback rate.

I would definitely support such a change. Would you object to adding a
metrics feature such as you describe at a later date rather than as part
of issue 147? Since we need to add other metrics as well it seems like it
would be beneficial to be able to design all such metrics together in a
consistent way rather than being pressured to design it in time to resolve
issue 147.