RE: Change Proposal for ISSUE-147

From: Frank Olivier <Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:40:09 +0000
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>
We are not completely opposed to spec changes that differs from our implementation - the html5 spec will obviously outlast any one particular release of a user agent and should be as correct as practically possible.

That said, my preference based on the recent discussions would be for a change that keeps the (settable) playbackrate attribute (for compatibility with any existing pages) but introduces some other mechanism for determining the actual playback rate.