hit testing and retained graphics

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:41:59 -0500
To: chuck@jumis.com, franko@microsoft.com, Mike@w3.org, david.bolter@gmail.com, cyns@exchange.microsoft.com
Cc: public-canvas-api@w3.org, public-html-a11y@w3.org, public-html@w3.org

Charles, Frank, Mike,

I am back from vacation. How far do we need to go with hit testing? Right
now I am looking at associating a closed draw path with a DOM object in the
canvas subtree. We would then need to address the routing of pointing
device input events to the DOM object. The drawing path can be used to
provide bound information to platform accessibility API.

Do we need to bind any other drawing properties to the canvas object -
similar to the way device context's are handled on graphic subsystems like
Windows?

Mike, I am including you as before I went on vacation you indicated that a
number of developers desired this feature and wanted to be involved.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
CTO Accessibility Software Group