W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > June 2011

RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-06-02 Action Items, New Calls

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 16:28:45 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
CC: "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>
Message-ID: <104E6B5B6535E849970CDFBB1C5216EB4332724E@TK5EX14MBXC136.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Minutes --> http://www.w3.org/2011/06/02-html-wg-minutes.html


- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
02 Jun 2011

Attendees

Present 
  Radhika_Roy, [Microsoft], eliot, Sam, +1.212.478.aaaa, adrianba, Plh, +33.9.53.58.aabb, dpenkler, Cynthia_Shelly, Mike, Janina 

Chair 
  Paul Cotton 
Scribe 
  Adrian Bateman 

Contents

Topics 

ACTION items due by Thursday, June 2 
New Issues This Week 
ACTION-193 
Items Closed Last Week 
Items Closing This Week 
Items Closing Next Week 
New Calls this week 
New Surveys this week 
Decisions this week 
Other Business 
Scribe for next meeting 
Adjournment 

Summary of Action Items 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<pimpbot> Title: New Information Status (at dev.w3.org)

ACTION items due by Thursday, June 2
ACTION-203?

<trackbot> ACTION-203 -- Steve Faulkner to develop a usable LC comment form -- due 2011-06-02 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/203

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-203: Develop a usable LC comment form - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: this relates to the acceptability of our bugzilla instance as installed at w3c
... don't see steve here - know mike smith has been working on this

<paulc> ACTION-203 is due in one week

MikeSmith: have been talking with steve and others about this - do intend to fix this with his help and others
... might take longer than the current last call - don't want to rush
... people should be reminded that they can use the public-html-comments list if they have problems with bugzilla - that's a supported way of submitting comments and someone will add them to bugzilla

paulc: i know you've been doing that since last call started - i noted there was a comment last night or yesterday that maybe the first one with more than one comment in the body - are you set-up to split those out?

MikeSmith: not at the moment

<paulc> Here is comment: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2011Jun/0000.html

<pimpbot> Title: Contributions to HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives from Reinaldo Ferraz on 2011-06-01 (public-html-comments@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

paulc: just suggesting you need to be careful with this

MikeSmith: traffic on the comments list is low so not hard to handle these manually

paulc: thanks for stepping up to this

<paulc> Thanks for stepping up to do this translation from public-comments to Bugzilla

MikeSmith: i'll make sure any comments that get posted there make it into bugzilla

ACTION-203 due next week

<trackbot> ACTION-203 Develop a usable LC comment form due date now next week

New Issues This Week
paulc: None

<paulc> ACTION-193?

<trackbot> ACTION-193 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to and co-chairs to investigate how to handle standardization of websrt -- due 2011-06-26 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/193

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-193: And co-chairs to investigate how to handle standardization of websrt - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ACTION-193
<plh> http://www.w3.org/2011/05/google-webvtt-charter.html

<pimpbot> Title: WebVTT Working Group (at www.w3.org)

plh: not that it's fully resolved but we made great progress - we received a proposed charter from Google
... we sent an advanced notice to members saying we are looking at creating a charter taking Google's proposal into account - we welcome comments - please send directly to me
... this will not be part of HTML WG, it will be a separate WG
... as far as i know we don't need to track in the HTML WG any longer
... but if people want, i can continue to give updates

paulc: given the large amount of invited experts, if you took an informal action to post the formation of the group should such an event occur

plh: sure - don't think it would happen before end of july
... working on charter and need to find chair, etc.
... will take 1 to 2 weeks to stabilise the charter and send for formal review

close ACTION-193

<trackbot> ACTION-193 And co-chairs to investigate how to handle standardization of websrt closed

Items Closed Last Week
paulc: None

Items Closing This Week
paulc: None

Items Closing Next Week
paulc: None

New Calls this week
ISSUE-134?

<trackbot> ISSUE-134 -- Provide tablist and tab states for menu and command elements respectively -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-134: Provide tablist and tab states for menu and command elements respectively - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: sent out e-mail notifications on Tuesday - due date is july 1

ISSUE-150?

<trackbot> ISSUE-150 -- consider reducing verbosity when talking about code points -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-150: consider reducing verbosity when talking about code points - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: these two are calls for counter proposals

ISSUE-163?

<trackbot> ISSUE-163 -- Need a means for navigating between related timed tracks of media elements -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/163

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-163: Need a means for navigating between related timed tracks of media elements - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-164?

<trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-164: remove or modify hgroup - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: these are calls for change proposals where we don't currently have a proposal
... chairs would appreciate if the volunteers would send e-mail indicating that they are planning to write a change proposal
... not uncommon that people volunteer and then we discover they didn't send anything so we can send a reminder
... chairs are going to continue this rhythm of 2, 3 or 4 items each week until we empty the queue

<rubys> 2

rubys: 2 things left in the queue

New Surveys this week
paulc: None

Decisions this week
paulc: None

Other Business
paulc: does anyone have anything they want to raise?

Scribe for next meeting
paulc: sam chairing next week, we need a scribe - any volunteers?

plh: i can scribe next week

<paulc> merci beaucoup to plh

Adjournment
paulc: we're adjourned

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]

-----Original Message-----
From: public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Paul Cotton
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:54 PM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-06-02 Action Items, New Calls

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on 2011-06-02 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/21na

Tokyo 1:00 AM+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 6:00 PM, London/Dublin 5:00 PM,
New Jersey/York 12:00 Noon, Kansas City 11:00 AM, Seattle/San Francisco 9:00 AM.

Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: Adrian Bateman

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, June 2

a) ACTION-203: Develop a usable LC comment form [Steve Faulkner]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/203

2. New Issues This Week:
None

3. Items Closed Last Week
None

4. Items Closing This Week
None

5. Items Closing Next Week
None

6. New Calls this week

a) ISSUE-134 tab-states - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0426.html 

b) ISSUE-150 code-point-verbosity - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0427.html

c) ISSUE-163 navigating-tracks: Chairs Solicit Change Proposals
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0428.html

d) ISSUE-164 no-hgroup: Chairs Solicit Change Proposals
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0429.html

7. New Surveys this week
None

8. Decisions this week
None

9. Other Business

10. Scribe for next meeting

11. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.26.46.79.03, +44.203.318.0479
code: HTML (4865)
Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80


Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Thursday, 2 June 2011 16:30:15 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:17:32 GMT