RE: Adaptive images

From: Frank Olivier <Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 15:37:01 +0000
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Charl van Niekerk <charlvn@charlvn.com>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
"Is there a way to use media queries to ask for the zoom level? If so, it seems like this use case would be addressed as long as we come up with a syntax which lets you choose image based on media query."

http://www.webkit.org/blog/55/high-dpi-web-sites/
WebKit proposed min-device-pixel-ratio in 2006.