ISSUE-126 CCP -- no special handling for backslash

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 15:53:41 +0100
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
(I am writing this because I did not get a reply to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0274.html and the
deadline is tomorrow.)

processing.

Rationale: No browser implements this. Opera and Safari appear to handle
backslashes but actually ignore all punctuation because they implement UTS
#22 which is considered broken. Future versions of Opera and Safari have
been said to no longer do this. Even over HTTP no browser performs this
backslash processing.

Details: No change.

Impact: It will be easier to get to REC.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/