Re: rationale for inclusion of hgroup in html5?

Hi Jirka,

thanks for the info, one of the issues I have with hgroup is that in regards
to accessibility its role mapping as currently specced it removes any
differentiation between the headings/subheadings.

thus for example:

<hgroup >
   <h2>Foo</h2>
   <h3>Bar</h3>
 </hgroup>

becomes

<h2>
</h2>

the heading and subheading are collapsed into a single heading for users of
assistive technology.

I agree that defining a semantic of subheading is better.

regards
stevef

with regards

Steve Faulkner