Re: ISSUE-146 (video-content-muted): Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 14:04:38 -0800
To: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Cc: public-html@w3.org, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 23:23:37 +0100, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>> ISSUE-146 (video-content-muted):  <video> should allow muted as a content
>> attribute
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/VideoMuted

For the record, I do not intend to write a counter CCP for this issue
— I actually agree with Philip here. The current text in the spec is
an attempt to address all the feedback that was brought forward on
this issue, including in particular Jonas', which was a request to
avoid the pattern of value=""/.defaultValue/.value from <input>. If it
wasn't for that particular request, I would have done it as Philip
suggests.

So if you feel strongly about this, Jonas, it's up to you to write a CCP. :-)

--
Ian Hickson