Re: An HTML5 logo

From: Jeremy Keith <jeremy@adactio.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 15:07:22 +0000
Cc: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
To: public-html <public-html@w3.org>
Philippe wrote:
> Today W3C introduced an HTML5 logo for public consideration:
> http://www.w3.org/News/2011#entry-8992

I, for one, am disgusted (not with the logo, which is very nice, but with the accompanying encouragement to use it to represent CSS, WOFF, etc.):

http://adactio.com/journal/4289/

> The W3C Communications Team is excited about the HTML5 logo

What is the remit of the W3C Communications Team? (I couldn't find a URL). If it is to confuse and conflate separate technologies in the minds of web developers ...top job!

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Keith

a d a c t i o