Re: ISSUE-102 (meta-name-registry): Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:11:26 +0100
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 03.03.2010 17:05, Sam Ruby wrote:
> "Registration procedure for meta/@name"
>
> Per the decision policy, at this time the chairs would like to solicit
> volunteers to write Change Proposals.

> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#escalation
>
> If no Change Proposals are written by April 5th, 2010 this issue will be
> closed without prejudice.
>
> Issue status link:
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-102
>
> - Sam Ruby

Reading

   <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg491732%28v=VS.85%29.aspx>

(about pinned sites in IE9):

"...
..."

This reminds me that I postponed this issue because I wanted to wait for
the outcome of ISSUE-27 (which is still pending).

I think this is particularly important because validator.nu does *not*
check validity of meta/@name, so some of the browser makers introducing
new names may not even be aware that they're supposed to register their
names.

Best regards, Julian