Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-118 broken-link-types

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 00:29:57 +0100
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 28.02.2011 23:14, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Here is the decision. It has been drafted in HTML format to aid readability.

I think it would be good to clarify which relations will be affected.

It appears that the original CP
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Oct/0268.html> was
about:

	"top", "first", "start", "contents", "ToC" and "index"

while the accepted CP
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Nov/0042.html>
mentions to drop:

	"index, up, first, last"

I'm not opposed to drop things from HTML5, in particular when they have
better definitions elsewhere.

The question of validity will come up again anyway (ISSUE-27).

However, it seems that the accepted proposal suggests not changing a few
of the relations about what the ISSUE originally was opened; we may have
to revisit them.

Best regards, Julian