RE: Tech Discussions on the Multitrack Media (issue-152)

David Singer wrote:

> I think we should make normal things easy and complex things possible.
>
> If we set the rule that <source>s are alternatives (exclusive or) and
> tracks are additional (inclusive or, including the primary source) then
> the content author can indicate what 'works' from the point of view of
> his program.

<Snip>

> while it is technically true that the user-agent may be able to make
> all sorts of ingenious displays, it's not a great system design to
> assume that the UA and the user will have the time or skills to make
> the choices over lots of ingenious possibilities.

While I understand what you are saying David, it is also important to
remember that what 'works' for the author may not work for some end users.
It strikes me that all supporting assets should be exposed to the end
user, so that they can choose what works for them. It's a balance we need
to keep in mind.

JF