Re: Tech Discussions on the Multitrack Media (issue-152)

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:57:50 +0800
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>, public-html <public-html@w3.org>
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>

Sorry for the repeated email; I am having network problems at a 3G meeting in China.

I guess I would like to suggest option (8):

* allow <track>s to have multiple alternative <source>s, varying by coding etc.
* allow <source>s of the main audio/video to have the 'accessibility indicator' (currently 'kind' but I hope we can find a better name)

I think this covers the usage models without getting into re-designing SMIL...

David Singer