Re: Call for a poll of the html wg on removal of hgroup was Re: review of hgroup element prior to last call.

hi Maciej,

>Since hgroup has been in the draft for a long
>time with no significant changes, we are not going to treat this as a
>post-cutoff change that reduces consensus.

if there is broad agreement that the hgroup textshould be removed how is
that reducing consensus?

>If we have a poll on this topic, it will at best be advisory.
>Since hgroup has been in the draft for a long
>time with no significant changes, we are not going to treat this as a
>post-cutoff change that reduces consensus.

would have useful to know that the chairs will not allow the html working
group members to make any decisions of this nature in one of the earlier
emails directed at the chairs on this issue.

regards
stevef

--
with regards