Re: Call for a poll of the html wg on removal of hgroup was Re: review of hgroup element prior to last call.

On 02/01/2011 01:03 PM, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> hi Maciej,
>
>  >Since hgroup has been in the draft for a long
>  >time with no significant changes, we are not going to treat this as a
>  >post-cutoff change that reduces consensus.
>
> if there is broad agreement that the hgroup textshould be removed how is
> that reducing consensus?

If there is broad agreement to remove it, the chairs will not intercede.
  What Maciej is referring to is that the chairs will not ask for a
change to be reverted from the LC-track draft pending resolution of the
issue per Enhanced change control after the Last Call cutoff:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0125.html

>  >If we have a poll on this topic, it will at best be advisory.
>  >Since hgroup has been in the draft for a long
>  >time with no significant changes, we are not going to treat this as a
>  >post-cutoff change that reduces consensus.
>
> would have useful to know that the chairs will not allow the html
> working group members to make any decisions of this nature in one of the
> earlier emails directed at the chairs on this issue.

You are misinterpreting what Maciej said.

> regards
> stevef

- Sam Ruby