Re: how HTML5 figure and figcaption should/could work

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:15:40 +0100
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
CC: Chris Adams <chris@chrisadams-studios.com>, Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi Steve,

Just to say that I have re-read your post on the lack of a suitable role
for <figure> and <figcaption> and rather than saying right now that I
support it, I will ask the WG what they suggest is to be done to convey
the role semantics of <figure> and <figcaption> to AT via the A11y API
if Steve's reasoning isn't followed?  [1]

Cheers

Josh

[1]
http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/2011/08/html5-accessibility-chops-the-figure-and-figcaption-elements/