(unknown charset) Re: longdesc - beside the box

From: (unknown charset) Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:44:35 +0200
To: (unknown charset) John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Cc: (unknown charset) Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
John Foliot, Tue, 26 Apr 2011 08:17:41 -0700:

> Where and how browsers implement that would be a browser feature, a
> design choice left to each browser: an alternate cursor on focus is
> certainly one option, but not THE option.

Not sure what you mean by 'THE option'. I was in fact surprised when I
found that only iCab, but neither Opera nor the Firefox extension, uses
a hover style to indicate its presence - as it is a unobtrusive form of
indication but still a form of indication. Some indication is many
times better than no indication.

As for other HTML features, it would make it less hidden if it has a
agreed upon base styling. E.g. HTML5's rendering section should
definitely suggest how to render it. We are then speaking about GUI UAs.
--
Leif Halvard Silli