Re: Systematic access to media/plugin metadata

On 13 April 2011 03:50, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Having said that, I don't personally believe it's desirable to specify
>> and/or restrict the naming of the potential name-value fields, better
>> to provide a general-purpose slot and "let the market decide".
>

> Are you motivated for this request by the same functionality that Web
> pages expose through <meta> tags as name-value pairs?

That would make sense - keeping the shape of the data reasonably consistent.

Personally I'm a big fan of RDF and reusable data, but in this
particular case I reckon the priority is bringing the metadata out of
the black box of media objects and making it available in the
easiest-to-use form.

Cheers,
Danny.
--