Re: [Licensing] Request to evaluate candidate HTML Document license (known as "Option 3")

From: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 01:16:50 +0000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 04/04/11 16:57, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> As mentioned every time this comes up, the second opinion
>> regarding requirement (C) has already been rejected by the
>> W3C members and is not intended to be satisfied by the PSIG
>> proposals.
>
> That's fine; we're just saying that we don't consider the proposals
> acceptable as a result.

Further to this: we at Mozilla realize that objecting to existing
proposals is not enough, and it would be good to make a positive
counter-proposal. This week has been a (very busy) Mozilla meeting, and
I am currently about to get on a plane (or, depending on the
availability of WiFi at SFO airport, may just have got off one).
However, I hope to propose something next week.

Gerv