Re: [Licensing] Request to evaluate candidate HTML Document license (known as "Option 3")

On 04/04/11 05:35, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Please note that the Mozilla Public License is limited to Software
> (Covered Code).

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that statement, but perhaps some
of the following will help:

- The Mozilla Public License can be used for things other than
   software, including but not limited to documentation
- The Mozilla Project uses the MPL for a variety of things
- Mozilla project code is also available under other licenses than the
   MPL, which affects what external code we can include
- If a file is under the MPL, all of it is under the MPL, comments
   included
- Mozilla's interest in this subject goes beyond "can we put bits of
   the spec in our code?"

> My opinion is that the above does not represent
> Mozilla's opinion in any meaningful sense,  unless MPL has been
> abandoned recently.  Have you asked Mitchell Baker?

It represents our opinion in the sense that I am empowered to speak for
Mozilla in this matter, having discussed it with the relevant Mozilla
community members, and that my statement is in concord with the opinion
of our lawyer (who is not Mitchell). I hope that is sufficiently
representative for you.

Gerv