Re: PUT and DELETE methods in 200 code

Julian Reschke wrote:
> So, when you serve the form at
>
>   http://www.example.com/user/123?edit=true
>
> where will it direct the PUT to, and what representation would you
> expect in the PUT result?

TBH I'd expect a POST.. however, PUT to some other URI like
http://www.example.com/user/123?latest and then a 200 OK which returned
the updated http://www.example.com/user/123 and that CL, or the edit
view again http://www.example.com/user/123?edit=true and that CL.

Obviously that setup would have a load of representation juggling and
out of band knowledge required, and also require the PUT to affect
multiple "resources", and it could be done w/ POST (which afaict HTML
forms were designed from the ground up to either construct a message
body for POSTing or to construct a query string for GETting (or
DELETEing I guess) - but that's a different matter orthogonal to this
proposal and discussion it seems).

Best,

Nathan