Re: PUT and DELETE methods in 200 code

On 04.04.2011 07:05, mike amundsen wrote:
> Julian:
>
> Can you post one or more typical HTTP request/response examples of how
> PUT/DELETE interactions work for WebDAV servers today? This would help
> me better understand what is/is-not possible w/ HTML FORMS that
> support PUT/DELETE.

WebDAV clients usually aren't interested in the response bodies for
successful PUT/DELETE requests; for them what matters is just the status
code.

I know of WebDAV servers that simply sent empty response bodies, but
also some which send a small "status" message in HTML format (I think
this is the case for Apache/mod_dav).

So sending additional data is almost harmless; except when it makes the
protocol inefficient. For instance, echoing the the representation in a
PUT response would be very bad for everything but small payloads.

Does this help?

Best regards, Julian