Integrating with the <device> element

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:13:16 +0200
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Dear HTML WG,

I am writing to you on behalf of the DAP WG. We're looking at integrating the functionality that we've been working on for our specifications with the <device> element. It could possibly be useful in a number of contexts, and Rich took at stab at seeing how it would integrate with the Contacts API. Here is the information:

   Rich's introductory email: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Sep/0123.html
   The draft <device> integration: http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/contacts/HTML.html
   Contacts API: http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/contacts/

We'd be grateful for input concerning:

   your opinion (as a group or individuals, we listen to all) on whether such an integration is a good idea;
   whether you think it's done right or not;
   where you see the <device> element going, and if any support from DAP could help;
   any other comment :)

Thanks!

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/