Re: ARIA mapping status

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 17:11:09 +0100
To: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
hi Benjamin,

>As we are very likely to want to update API mapping advice for HTML5 as
implementing platforms and available AT change, and as presenting
information inline >is clearer for readers, it would be best to use a Note.

I think thats reasonable.

There are many elements which currently have no default role specified or
'no role' specified as a strong semantic. It appears that currently for the
'no role' strong semantic, User Agents must not map them to a role in an
accessibility API, if I am incorrect in this assumption then I would be
happier with what's in the spec

regards
stevef

--