Re: Report on testing of the link relations registry

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 09:36:20 +0200
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "David Singer" <singer@apple.com>, "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 09:27:20 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> My take is:
>
> - they don't know about registration, or
>
> - they don't care
>
> That's a problem every registration will have, unless your satisfied
> with a Wiki that just documents common use.

I have dealt with the IANA provisional header registry and basically
stopped caring keeping it up to date because the process is fricking
annoying. I would update a wiki and would also maintain that wiki to add
other headers I see in the wild mostly because it would be very easy. I
have e.g. updated RelExtensions with link relations that were not my own
and done some maintenance on it as well.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/