Re: Report on testing of the link relations registry

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 09:27:20 +0200
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 03.09.2010 09:24, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 09:18:38 +0200, Julian Reschke
> <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> So why do we see all these unregistered headers in practice although
>> there is a provisional registry?
>
> Because even modifying the provisional registry is quite complicated
> compared to just editing a wiki page.

And that is the reason why people don't use the provisional registry in
the first place? How would they know? Why would they care usually?

My take is:

- they don't know about registration, or

- they don't care

That's a problem every registration will have, unless your satisfied
with a Wiki that just documents common use.

Best regards, Julian