Re: Request to Revert revision 1.4525

Ian hickson wrote:

"Holy overreaction, batman. I'm just having some publication issues and
didn't want people to be referencing an obsolete editor's draft in the
meantime. It'll be fixed when it's fixed. I really don't think it's a good
idea to have people referencing an obsolete draft in the meantime, though,
especially since there's a perfectly adequate alternative available that
I can point people to, so I've left it as-is for now."

I think the overreaction occured when the working draft was made unreadable
and the silly link was added to it.
The link you provided is not perfectly adequate as it is:

a) not a link to a HTML5 working draft
b) the linked document causes browsers to crash if one is not using the
right browser or the right version of a browser,  the right operating system
or the a machine with enough RAM or processing power.

regards
Stevef

with regards

Steve Faulkner