question about canvas survey and issue 131

From: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:05:31 +0000
To: HTML WG Public List <public-html@w3.org>
I have a question for the chairs about the survey on Issues 74 and 105 with respect to issue 131.

As I understand the issues, question #4 on the survey [1], "Objections to adding advisory text explaining how to use the focus rect API for efficient caret position notification, and change nothing else?" is a counter-proposal to the proposal covered in 131 [2] to add a caret API and focus rectangle handling.  It seems odd to me to survey question 4 now, while deferring the proposal it counters.  Perhaps we should include question 4 in issue 131 and remove it from the current survey?

Thanks,
Cynthia

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-poll/
[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131