Re: HTML5 Profiles - First Editors Draft

Manu Sporny, Sat, 22 May 2010 11:38:43 -0400:
> The first draft of the HTML5 Profiles document is ready for feedback.
  [...]
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/profiles/drafts/ED-html5-profiles-20100522/

> Things that need to be done at this point:
>
> 1. If you have any feedback on the specification, please note the
>    feedback on the mailing list.

In the Introduction, it is stated:

]] While the HTML5 base specification dropped the profile
   attribute from the HEAD element, the attribute continues
   to be utilized by a number of structured data communities.

   This document is an extension to HTML5 which achieves the
   following: [[

The first paragraph here sounds a bit temporary and defensive. I would
suggest:

]] In [HTML401], the profile attribute could only appear on the head
element. The current version of HTML, [HTML5], removes @profile from
the base specification. This document, which is an extension to
[HTML5], extends @profile as a global attribute, thereby achieving the
following: [[

> 2. If you support publication of the specification as a FPWD, please
>    indicate your support via the mailing list.

I support FPWD publication.

PS: I prefer 'supersede" to be written with an "s" - see
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/English/other/393965-supercede.html#div_answer_term_1021252

--
leif halvard silli