Re: HTML5 Profiles - First Editors Draft

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 21:56:47 -0400
To: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 05/22/2010 03:48 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> In the Introduction, it is stated:
>
> ]] While the HTML5 base specification dropped the profile
>    attribute from the HEAD element, the attribute continues
>    to be utilized by a number of structured data communities.
>
>    This document is an extension to HTML5 which achieves the
>    following: [[
>
> The first paragraph here sounds a bit temporary and defensive. I would
> suggest:
>
> ]] In [HTML401], the profile attribute could only appear on the head
> element. The current version of HTML, [HTML5], removes @profile from
> the base specification. This document, which is an extension to
> [HTML5], extends @profile as a global attribute, thereby achieving the
> following: [[

Fixed.

http://dev.w3.org/html5/profiles/source/Overview.html#introduction

> PS: I prefer 'supersede" to be written with an "s" - see
> http://www.proz.com/kudoz/English/other/393965-supercede.html#div_answer_term_1021252

Fixed.

http://dev.w3.org/html5/profiles/source/Overview.html#abstract

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Bitmunk 3.2.2 - Good Relations and Ditching Apache+PHP
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2010/05/06/bitmunk-3-2-2/2/