Re: Bug 7034

On Mar 27, 2010, at 18:30, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

> Henri Sivonen, Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:31:45 +0200:
>> On Mar 24, 2010, at 04:08, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>> To give a specific example, I would like to consistently avoid
>>> presentational markup on the webkit.org, but I do not want to add an
>>> xmlns declaration to every page.
>>
>> I sometimes create Web pages in OpenOffice.org Writer/Web but want to
>> make the pages conform to my site CSS. I find that to spot all the
>> cruft it's not sufficient to look for markup that HTML5 bans but that
>> looking for style="..." and <span> is also necessary.
>
> When it comes to exporting HTML/XHTML from word processors, then a
> much less semantic to an author, overlooking the code, than e.g. a
> simple <b> would do. The "export something from a word processor" use
> case is one were a degree of presentational mark-up seems much more
> useful than e.g. only the elements of HTML4 strict.

OpenOffice.org Writer and OpenOffice.org Writer/Web are not the same thing. (OpenOffice.org Writer/Web doesn't typically have an entry point of its own in the Applications menu on Gnome. To start OpenOffice.org Writer/Web, choose File: New: HTML Document in OO.o.)

Thus, my use case is not "export something from a word processor". My use case is authoring a document in an HTML editor whose GUI features exceed the features of HTML so it's easy to accidentally use a feature that injects inline CSS without asking.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi