Re: Bug 7034

Henri Sivonen, Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:31:45 +0200:
> On Mar 24, 2010, at 04:08, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> To give a specific example, I would like to consistently avoid
>> presentational markup on the webkit.org, but I do not want to add an
>> xmlns declaration to every page.
>
> I sometimes create Web pages in OpenOffice.org Writer/Web but want to
> make the pages conform to my site CSS. I find that to spot all the
> cruft it's not sufficient to look for markup that HTML5 bans but that
> looking for style="..." and <span> is also necessary.

When it comes to exporting HTML/XHTML from word processors, then a
much less semantic to an author, overlooking the code, than e.g. a
simple <b> would do. The "export something from a word processor" use
case is one were a degree of presentational mark-up seems much more
useful than e.g. only the elements of HTML4 strict.

> We already experimented with banning style="..." and that didn't go
> down well.
leif halvard sili