Re: Bug 7034

On Mar 24, 2010, at 3:29 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Also, do we really still need to have arguments over why
> transitional doctypes are bad (they trigger an inferior rendering
> mode for one) and why presentational markup is to be avoided?

I think I understand the value of avoiding quirks mode and almost
standards mode, enough to explain it. I'm not sure I understand fully
why presentational markup is to be avoided. Can you provide some
reasons or point to a good reference?

I ask because I'm planning to make a wiki page that collects
rationales for authoring conformance requirements.

Regards,
Maciej