Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-107 plugin-fallback-example Change Proposal to replace <object> fallback example

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 06/15/2010 07:05 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> > We have a change proposal to replace the object fallback example with
> > one that demonstrates best practice:
> >
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1107.html
> >
> > At one time, we had a second proposal, but as it has been withdrawn at
> > the present time we have no active counter proposals. Accordingly, the
> > chairs are issuing a call for consensus at this time. If there are no
> > objections, we will adopt this change proposal on June 22, 2010.
>
> There was no objection, so this Call for Consensus has passed.
>
> Ian, could you please update the draft Replace the example provided in "The
> param Element" section (currently section 4.8.5) with the text provided in the
> change proposal?

Done, more or less. (I had to change the example a bit to have conforming
alternative text that was actually accessible, rather than the text in the
suggested example which was really a caption; I made some changes to the
spacing; and I changed the example's prose a little to be actually
plausible as a real Web page. It would be helpful if the chairs could
check the quality of proposed changes themselves so that I don't have to
make these kinds of changes when the decisions are made, since having to
do them myself means I run the risk each time of making a change that is
then not in what the chairs consider the spirit of the decision, and then
we have to do it all over again.)